Things to Bring
- Solid white pants - these are our uniform pants. Sometimes they can be hard to find, especially for men. Dickies makes a good pair, and white scrubs pants can work as well. Here is a link to purchase these from Amazon. Please avoid “skinny” pants or tight-fitting pants.
- Solid white shoes - no color markings. White marching shoes are best, but plain white sneakers or dress shoes are also acceptable. All shoes must be lace-up style shoes, not heels or flats. Remember, we are marching in a parade - you want good "marching" shoes.
- Solid white socks, mid-calf or higher. No color rings/no ankle socks, please.
- Khaki (tan) shorts – knee length – please no “board shorts”, overly long shorts, or short shorts. These will be worn with our t-shirts as an informal uniform.
- One casual dress outfit for the dance on Saturday and the dinner cruise on Monday (same outfit recommended; remember, pack light!)
- Your instrument and all accessories (reeds, mutes, etc.)
- A folding music stand, labeled with your name and address.
- A marching lyre for your instrument (flip folders will be provided)
- Any required medications (a nurse is on our staff and can assist if needed)
- Sunblock for outdoor rehearsals
- Water bottle, sunglasses, hat for outdoor rehearsals
- Relaxed clothes for rehearsal, sleepwear, toiletries, etc. We strongly encourage you not to overpack!
- Spending money - All your meals are provided, but you may choose to bring a small amount of spending money for incidentals and shopping/souvenirs.
- Swimsuit – there will be a pool night while at Gettysburg College, and there may be opportunities to swim at our hotels
- Books, electronic devices (headphones required), your own pillow, things to occupy your time on long bus rides.
Extra Polo Shirts
We will supply you with one polo shirt for the duration of our tour. This is our uniform shirt. Some participants prefer having more than one polo If you would like to order extra shirts, please indicate that on the accepted students form. Payment will be due in cash or check at registration on June 25, 2017.